Car Bike Rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

malcermie

I'm looking for a rear door mounted bike rack for my 09 Megane , I will not be using very much so don't want to spend a fortune, I will only want to carry one bike, any ideas?
Malc

Falwheeler

What about one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search?i...toshibauksearch-21&index=blended&linkCode=ur2 I don't have one so can't comment but looks like the sort of thing you are after. As a matter of interest I found the electrics for a light board on my new car were going to be over £90 so went for a Thule roof mounted carrier, best thing I could have done, very impressed.

HovR

Über Member
Does your car have a tow bar? If so, I know someone with this rack and it's excellent. Fits in seconds, requires no awkward lifting of bikes to the roof, and is really easy to attach the bikes to. You can also lock the rack on to the car via a padlock for extra security.

Only downside is that depending on your cars boot design, you may not be able to open the boot whilst the rack is on there. Then again that goes for any rear mounted rack..

Edit: £50 at Evans currently - not too bad. Also the reviews on Evans site are v. good.

OP
OP
malcermie

malcermie

I'm looking for a rear door mounted bike rack for my 09 Megane

I've got a Thule 9103 if your interested Malc.

Brand new, only ever been on a display car, never been used.

Fully boxed, 12 months guarantee - £80.00

It does carry 3 bikes, (you never know, you might need to one day), so it's obviously a bit more than the one bike Saris rack.

THIS is the one so you can read up on it if you're interested.

We take cash, credit card, debit card, and PayPal :thumbsup:

That look perfect, thanks
Malc
I have one, used it once never again, no matter how tight you pull up the straps it still wanders around the back of the car scratching the paintwork as it goes.
The bike swings around and you need to put padding on the pedals as it'll swing into the rear door as you brake and swing out as you accelerate.
Spent most of the journey looking in the rear view mirror to see if it was still there.
Total waste of money imho.

Top Bottom