Car D.I.Y.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dare I say it I'm still on my original discs - no heavy braking needed !

Second set on mine
First fronts at about 50,000 (& rears 'skimmed')
However, wife was using it constantly, & travelling to Cardiff, Bristol, Newcastle on average 3 times a week, so a lot of 'rush hour' motorway miles

It had a full set & all pads at about 140,000

(it's a July 2011 registration, I bought it in early March 2012, with about 7.000 miles recorded, & now it's on about 147,700)

Last edited:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Does gaffer tape count as DIY? If it does, I stuck the rear number plate lamps back on yesterday....
Really must get around to a proper fix

I think it was early last year, I was taking wife/f-in-law & 2 family friends to Yeadon Airport, along a very wet M62
The traction control light was flickering at 55MPH, due to insufficient tread-depth to clear the water
They were on a similar depth to yours
Changed within the week
Mindst you, they had been on for over39.000miles, at that depth

I have all the paperwork for servicing/tyres, etc.... since the day I bought it
I did think about checking dates/mileage for tyres/disc renewals, but decided approximations were enough

Rockster57

The 110CSW, was the last Landie I owned
A 'Heritage', with the Td5 (green leather, & white faced instruments)
View attachment 558465

Sadly, I never got the 101FC, I wanted (although, I've driven them)

Fellow 110SW owner here Richard. Just the job for transporting a couple of bikes along with all my kit on camping holidays. :okay:

IMG_0004 (2).JPG

@Rockster57

I sold mine, back in 2010

Curiously enough, I saw it for sale a few months afterwards in 'LRM'

Quite apart from the NAS lighting I had fitted to the front being replaced with standard (not sure about the back - maybe it had returned to the 'glow-worms'?), it had miraculously gained a full/complete service history:eek:

A friend looked after it for me (agricultural engineer, but he did it at home). so no paperwork

Maybe a Land Rover/other 4x4 thread ought to be started??

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Fellow 110SW owner here Richard. Just the job for transporting a couple of bikes along with all my kit on camping holidays. :okay:

View attachment 558548
D-Day recognition stripes?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Our 2008 Polo had to have new discs, after around 4 years, for its last MOT... due to lack of regular driving to keep them clean they'd rusted in the damp weather just enough to wear them prematurely + the drums liked to rust in if not moved every few days!

Top Bottom