Car in bits again.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Rhythm Thief, 11 Apr 2010.

1. My car is on the drive with no carburettor (because I broke it). While it's off the road anyway I'm taking the opportuinity to replace the kingpins. Looks like I'm back on the bike for my commute.;)

2. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Moderator

how'd you break it?

3. Trying to build one good carburettor out of two slightly duff carburettors. I ended up with two f**ked carburettors which are fit only for the scrap bin.;);)

4. Norm

Norm Guest

Have you been reading the Norm Book of Home Mechanics again? :smile:

5. No, but I have learnt that a carburettor is not something you can fix with a large hammer and a crosshead screwdriver.;)

6. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Kingpins !!! is it a classic ?
    Last car i had (knowingly) with kingpins was a Marina (hardly a classic :wacko: )

Wattissit ???

7. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Moderator

2cv isn't it?

8. Indeed, a Citroen 2CV. Which will soon be turned into a pickup truck, when Ms RT is looking the other way for long enough.:wacko:

9. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

If you need a carb, I may be able to source one from my local Cit garages - I have two in the area, run by enthusiasts.

My 4th Cit, and 3rd BX, goes through MoT today. It's new to us, a very, very good TZD estate. I'm very excited. Looked after by a highly skilled, slightly obsessive engineer for the last 6 years, who passed it on to us for £100. It has A/C and leather seats as well!

10. Cheers. I'm watching two on ebay, but if they go to someone else I might be in touch via PM.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice