Car radio codes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Flat battery, jump start, car radio says it needs code, I don't have record of it, it's my car, my radio, garage wants £20 or so for code...why? I'll blimmin' well sing while driving rather than fork out for nowt!:ohmy:
Anyone got an alternative?

Get yourself a Hummer! :ohmy:

longers

Legendary Member
A wind up gramophone on the backseat and drive carefully to avoid the needle jumping.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
OK, OK. :ohmy: Rather than 'alternative', I should have said..."anyone work in a garage who can get me code for nowt?"

Shaun

Founder
What's the exact make and model of the radio?

We used to have some software at work for getting around locked radios, I'll find out next week if we still have it.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Thanks Admin:smile:.... it just says "Fiat". It's a Fiat Ulysse (aka "Useless"), 2001 vintage if that helps!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
You may have done this already, but have you tried looking in the car manual for the code. or ringing up Fiat and telling them the problem. Or they could be the garage that wont £20 for the code.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Joe24 said:
You may have done this already, but have you tried looking in the car manual for the code. or ringing up Fiat and telling them the problem. Or they could be the garage that wont £20 for the code.

Seconded. If you have the manual it should be printed at the front or back of the book.

Paulus said:
Seconded. If you have the manual it should be printed at the front or back of the book.

If that fails go to the main dealer and ask them nicely. My father replaced the battery on his car and didn't have the number, so he took it to the dealer, with his "V5" to prove the car was his. Five minutes later radio on and code noted! :ohmy:

Top Bottom