Car Roof Rack Cycle Carrier - recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Car Roof rack cycle carrier any recommendations?

Ideally needs to transport 4 bikes, in reality will only get used a handful of times a year, if lucky

Looked at various options; 'Thule' have a range of products at varied prices, though willing to look at others via your recommendations

I don't want to get something cheap if it's useless, but don't need (want) to spend at 'pro' level

Car to be used is a Ford S-Max

Domestique

Über Member
We used Inmotion Products.
2 x rear wheel holders and 2 x front fork holders. You will also need a basic roof rack to bolt them too.
Reasonably cheap but work fine for us, two bikes.
Btw would four bikes be pushing the weight limit for your car?

http://www.inmotionproducts.com/sho...no_category=19&text_company=ROOF RACK ADD-ONS

We've got both Thule roof bars and bike carriers. We chose the 530 locking model based on price. You can get an ali one but it's twice the price, and our's really aren't that heavy. Definitely get one that locks, both the rack to the roof and the bikes to the rack.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've got the same as Browser and I find them very good and easy but I'm not sure if you'd get 4 on top without mucking about with pedals and bars.

rich p said:
I've got the same as Browser and I find them very good and easy but I'm not sure if you'd get 4 on top without mucking about with pedals and bars.

We can get two and a roof box on our Citroen Xsara Picasso, just! We have to load the box and close it before putting the bikes on due to clearance issues. You'd probably get four on if you 'top-and-tailed' them?

Top Bottom