Car troubles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

She said it cranked but would not turn over. That sounds like battery to me.
As upstream, cranking & turning over is the same thing, so it can only do both or neither, we're awaiting clarification

gbb

Legendary Member
As said up post, its remarkably difficult to offer any advise you could actually act upon.
Have you refilled very recently from a nearby garage, wrong fuel ? High unlikely TBF.
Coil could have gone so no spark at the plugs.
Coil pack could have gone but you'd probably get it running albeit roughly.
Fuel filter may be blocked.
Could be a broken or wiring fault.
In the old days, a broken or poor earth strap would cause problems, I assume that's still relevant today.
Its wet today...I'd probably sprelay WD40 over all the electrics to chase out any moisture. Again this is an old remedy, it may still hold today.
And the list goes on. TBF it's probably something not too serious, it's easy to fear the worst but it needs a proper mechanic...or someone who's lucky, right there on the job unfortunately.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
As upstream, cranking & turning over is the same thing, so it can only do both or neither, we're awaiting clarification

You could wait a long time. As no one has heard it. Some peoples definition of cranking could be dfferent to anothers. How fast it was cranking over is something we will never know.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Could be just about anything. Short trips don't help either. Modern petrols are a bit of a mare to start if you've failed to get them going within the first few goes due to the electric-ery !

If just clicking, could be the immobiliser !, Cranking battery, fuel issues just about anything - but trying for 10 minutes or more won't help.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Put it this way: the AA guy came, he pressed accelerator down to the floor and started the engine. This is on a 2007 car.

Not that I'm going to argue with a failed mechanic who got a job with the AA but the correct starting process on nearly everything these days is press clutch or brake and press start, if it's a key turn you still don't need to touch the throttle.. On a older car you would as this caused fuel to be injected via the venturi.. Or to blow out excess fuel in a flooded engine.

Matters not but I'm glad the AA man got you going

It could be it just doesn't want to start or it could be cold. Have you tried zipping it's fleece up and resetting it's stabilizers?

D

Deleted member 26715

Can you record a video of the sound and post it?
Where should she post it, to the AA, RAC, Greenflag?

Top Bottom