Car valet prices.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Happy to say my car has been returned to the contract lease company this morning, bit of a palaver with the very fastidious BCA inspector who collected it being picky and pedantic, but all done and dusted.
I'd spent hours getting it ready so amazed to think I've probably saved myself £200!
Just phoned to get the insurance refunded as it's not being replaced. :smile:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

TBH, have never paid for car valeting in my life, always gone the DIY route, even shampooing the beige carpets & upholstery in one of my early cars which gave amazing results (anyone remember 1000-1 carpet shampoo, wonder if it still exists?). Anyway, fast forward 30yrs and I am now not so bothered to maintain the appearance so much, but it does seem a shame to have a much nicer car but neglect it this way. Even if I fork out £200 every 2-3 years and just keep it under control between deep cleans it is still way, way cheaper than buying a new car to get that new car feeling, which is what many people seem to do...... :rolleyes:

10001 is still about but its a bit different.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/1001-carpet-cleaner/s?k=1001+carpet+cleaner

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Guess who bought a car with a totally cream interior with a 2 year old and a baby. :tongue: Still got the car. The seats are a synthetic alcantara suede and just clean up with a baby wipe. @I like Skol can vouch it still looks fine.

Black leather is best with kids though, although it really shows up dust.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've got plenty of time on my hands,so it'd be a bit lazy for me to pay someone to clean my car. Having said that,i don't have access to a reachable electric socket to vacuum my car,or a nearby tap to wash the thing. A local garage vacuum hasn't been working for weeks and when it is,it costs about £1 for 2 minutes,so you can end up paying a fiver to get a not great vacuum clean,mainly because the nozzle (sometimes it's broken off,so you get a 3 inch wide pipe :headshake:) can't get into the awkward bits. I used a hand brush and pan to get 80(ish)precent of the grit and stuff off the carpet the other day and used a bucket of soapy(ish) water and a bar towel to spruce up the interior. I've tried that canned foam and brush stuff that's supposed to spruce up car seats. It takes ages and when the seat dries it looks clean in some bits,but not in others. I would like to see how they'd look after a professional steam clean. Maybe i will pay a car valeter after all!:smile:

Last edited:

Jody

Stubborn git
There is a difference between having your car cleaned > valeted > detailed. The price will go up for each and you generally get what you pay for.

Drago

Legendary Member
Gave my car a clean today. Waxed, tyre shined, wheel sealed, grey plastic Vista's, vaccummed and wiped, levels checked and topped up as required.

Cost - £1 or so for the value of materials, plus 2 cups of tea. Now that's value.

mustang1

Guru
Ah, that IS a different story... :whistle:

A pal used to be a bike mechanic. The mechanics got so fed up of having to clean bikes before they could work on them that the shop started charging £20 extra. Some customers got stroppy about it but they were told to clean the bikes before bringing them in, or pay up.

When unused to commute to work and the bike shop chains were open, the one I used always cleaned my bike.

Some time later I saw their price list and the chanrged to have the bike cleaned if it came in dirty. I felt guilty as it never occurred to me that I should clean the bike before handing it for service, but the manager there told me not to worry as I'm a good customer and they always cleaned it for free.

Top Bottom