Car versus cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mick54

Just had a crash with a car at 26mph,naturally the car won,suffering some nasty gravel injuries but main crank pedal is badly bent out of shape,would this be worthwhile getting replaced at compedant cycle shop or try myself,not sure if frame will be twisted though

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:eek: glad to hear you survived.

You'll probably need to replace the Crankset and the pedals too for safety, as for the frame being 'bent' you'd need to have a good look at it (or get a shop to)

OP
OP
M

Mick54

:eek: glad to hear you survived.

You'll probably need to replace the Crankset and the pedals too for safety, as for the frame being 'bent' you'd need to have a good look at it (or get a shop to)
Ok,thank you,yeah battered and bruised but survived,ill get in touch with shop that i got the bike from and let them sort it out,the car driver admits responsibility and will pay what ever it takes

ZIZAG

Veteran
Ok,thank you,yeah battered and bruised but survived,ill get in touch with shop that i got the bike from and let them sort it out,the car driver admits responsibility and will pay what ever it takes
Wishing you a speedy recovery,and get well soon .
And I Hope you get your bike fixed ,and get back on the road again .:hello:

vickster

Legendary Member
Ouch. Make sure it’s been reported to the police. Take photos of your injuries.
also, despite Covid, I’d call the GP and see the nurse for a proper clean of wounds And maybe a course of antibiotics. Roads are filthy dirty. And so that injuries are documented in case you need to claim down the line

Have a read of this advice
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/accident-advice.226114/

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
That aside, make sure he reports it to his insurance company and police as you were injured

DSK

Sorry to hear of the incident and hope are getting better.
Good to hear the offender stopped rather than drive off and that he will pay for repairs.

Top Bottom