Car wash and roof bars/cycle carrier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm guessing the answer might be 'no', but can you take roof bars/cycle carrier (type of arrangement shown in pic, but without the bikes obviously:smile: ) through a car wash? [edit... mine has roof rails, bars attached to roof rails, carriers attached to bars. Pic doesn't have roof rails]

roofbars-bg-bars1

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Car wash....oh no....use a sponge you lazy bugger !

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
It's just that we've had a car for ages that couldn't go in a carwash (long story)... got a new car, and youngest kid is depserate to go through one, but I went and had roof bars/bike carriers put on... guess you can take 'em off, but it's bound to be a faff :sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fnaar said:
It's just that we've had a car for ages that couldn't go in a carwash (long story)... got a new car, and youngest kid is depserate to go through one, but I went and had roof bars/bike carriers put on... guess you can take 'em off, but it's bound to be a faff :wacko:

You don't want marks on a new car....:sad:

Car wash machines funk your paint work..... seen it.... went to buy a particular car, with metallic paint.... dealer had two..... one had been through a 'wash' a few times, the other not....... the car that had been through a 'car wash' was full of fine lines in the gloss coat...looked a right mess.

My son has always wanted to go through a 'wash' - he got to watch some other fools car go through.... no way........ despite the 'pllllllllllleeeeaaaasssseeeeeee'.........

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I know, I know... you should have seen my old car... held together by rust and mud... but it's for the kids, honest! Personally, I'm not bothered how clean it is! :sad: (it's 2nd hand, btw, but a lot newer looking than our old heap of junk)

Top Bottom