Carbon fork with plenty of requirements

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dear bike aficionados

I'm looking for hens teeth in the way of a carbon 700C fork with the following requirements:
  • TA
  • Disc brake(preferably flat mount or post, not ISO).
  • 35mm tyre clearance
  • Centre hole for mounting a light
  • Internal routing for brake hose AND dynamo wires
  • Mudguard bosses. No need for pannier bosses too.
  • Can be straight 1 1/8th steerer, or taper to 1 1/4" or 1 1/2"
  • Preferably a non integrated crown race.
IIRC there was mention here once of a do-everything fork but my searches to that effect bring up nothing.
What have you?

Thanks in advance
YS

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I think you might struggle with the internal cables. Best I can find is an Audax style carbon fork at SJS Cycles, but has front pannier mounts mid blade.

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/forks/evo-carbon-iso-disc-audax-fork-700c-1-18-ahead-a613d/

si_c

Guru
I think you might struggle with the internal cables. Best I can find is an Audax style carbon fork at SJS Cycles, but has front pannier mounts mid blade.

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/forks/evo-carbon-iso-disc-audax-fork-700c-1-18-ahead-a613d/

Internal dynamo wiring is pretty high up on my list of things I'd like in a fork - internal cable wiring less so, especially with hydraulic discs. Supernova do stick on tabs for managing cable routing, but I've found that the best overall solution tends to be electrical tape on the inside of the fork.

si_c

Guru
It is 12mm thru axle. No idea if this is a common standard for dynohubs.
It's pretty much the standard now for all Road-Disc hubs as far as I can tell. Most MTB hubs seem to be 15mm.

OP
OP
Yellow Saddle
Thanks everyone. It seems as if I'm on a hiding to nowhere.

This one would have been ideal if it didn't cost 600 pounds with paint job. Even without paint, it is pretty much unaffordable.

I've decided to go with a Columbus fork that ticks all the boxes except for internal dynamo wiring. I'll add that myself. I'll drill two holes and insert a brass tube and epoxy in the ends before painting it. I just hope there's no foam core in there.

Top Bottom