Carbon Forks....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hicky

Guru
I have a sirrus 2010 basic model( no carbon fork).
I've been running 32 armadillo tyres, it has been some time since I've been on a bike properly(10yrs),
Either I'm experiancing a "rose tinted glassed" view of my past or the roads are much worse.

Do carbon forks absorb much of the buzz or is it partially an excuse to buy bling uneeded kit?

Buzz, yes...huge gaping pot holes, no.

They are noticeably more comfy than a rigid alloy fork with thin-ish tyres... but fatter tyres are more comfy for pot hole ridden streets imho.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have carbon fibre forks on one bike and alloy forks on the other and both are horribly uncomfortable on many rough West Yorkshire roads when I use the kind of tyre pressures people recommend (100+ psi).

Both bikes have 23C tyres and I find that they are comfortable enough when I lower the pressures to about 95 psi rear and 85 psi front. The tyres are still hard enough to resist snakebite punctures and roll pretty well at those pressures.

OP
OP
Hicky

Hicky

Guru
I manage to avoid the potholes on my commute route as I've learned most of the road but some of the tarmac is poor.
I'll just keep the money in my pocket.
I'm trusting my tyre pressure to the lidl track pump I've got......I doubt that it is accurate.
Thanks

Top Bottom