Carbon Handlebars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Light and stiff, can be aero shaped and profiled, dampen vibration frequency from the road.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
They can also be heavy, flexible and very expensive.
Cheaper carbon components tend to cost the same as more expensive alloy, but often performs less well. Expensive carbon bars will have many if not all of the above benefits, but will certainly be "expensive".

As with most things in life, caveat emptor.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I looked into getting a carbon stem and was told the bike wont be as nice to ride . As in it would give me a harsher ride .

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I looked into getting a carbon stem and was told the bike wont be as nice to ride . As in it would give me a harsher ride .

There are very, very few true carbon stems on the market. The majority are carbon wraps.
True full carbon stems are typically oversized and expensive.
I have a full carbon Zipp SL145 on two of my bikes, and whoever said it would be harsher to ride is talking complete rubbish, carbon has exceptional resonance properties which is why is commonly used for forks and similar.
I do not get a largely different ride with my carbon stem to my bikes with an alloy stem... The biggest difference is the price, the second biggest difference is the weight.

Top Bottom