Carbon seatpost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deeayen

is upgrading to a carbon seatpost worth it???
ive got a bit of spare cash and would like to buy something for my bike.
is it worth spending the money or is there other upgrades i should concentrate on?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I can guess you would probrably not notice a difference.
First thing to upgrade on a bike are usually the wheels.

I upgraded my road bike with a carbon seatpost. I must admit I didn't notice a difference. Maybe my bottom is not refined enough. ;)

Post on here more info on your bike etc and how much money you have for upgrading, and I'm sure someone much more knowledgeable than I, will be able to help you spend your cash.:sad:

OP
OP
D

deeayen

i was thinknig wheels before.... might have to put it off a couple of weeks and get some better wheels, anyone got any suggestions on a set around £150? or is that not going to be enough?
i have the standard wheels atm on the basic trek (1.2 i think its called??)

Landslide

Rare Migrant
deeayen said:
i was thinknig wheels before.... might have to put it off a couple of weeks and get some better wheels, anyone got any suggestions on a set around £150? or is that not going to be enough?
i have the standard wheels atm on the basic trek (1.2 i think its called??)

I'd highly recommend a set of Mavic Open Pro rims on the best hubs you can afford.
Parker International will do them in silver with Shimano Tiagra hubs for £68.89 (front) and £73.64 (rear)

monnet

Guru
As above, tyres or wheels would be a better upgrade.

A carbon seat post won't contribute much. If you really splash the cash then you'll save some weight but, given the qualities of carbon, my seatpost upgrade would be to go for a titanium one.

gavintc

Guru
Sadly, having bought a carbon one for my commuter bike and had hoped that the seat post would take out some of the vibration. As Magnatom has stated, it has not been terribly effective. But, on the credit side, the seat post was not expensive.

Top Bottom