Carbon triple advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
View attachment 75255 View attachment 75256

we'll be there and at the away game in Llanelli next week. I often ride from Llansamlet to Pembrey and struggle to cross the Louchor Bridge. As an ex prop my cycling attempts to get my weight down but I'm still over 20 stone. I've ridden over 5,000 miles over the last couple of years but am still the pin up for the Fat Lad at the Back brand. Completed the London 100 twice raising cash for Cancer charities and love time out on the bike so I deserve a decent new steed
I am in Loughor, so I usually head off that way. Loughor Bridge always has a cheeky crosswind which often hits you in way out and way back, so you're not alone in struggling over there.

It's not only the size you are that matters, it's the power you can produce, so you're no doubt making up for it in that aspect. More importantly it's how much you enjoy it and you must have the bug with that mileage and impressive London 100's under your belt!

There's always room for n+1!

I have only been into this for 15 months and already on bike number 2. :smile:

Enjoy the games! Ospreys double!

OP
OP
philinmerthyr

philinmerthyr

Über Member
I am in Loughor, so I usually head off that way. Loughor Bridge always has a cheeky crosswind which often hits you in way out and way back, so you're not alone in struggling over there.

It's not only the size you are that matters, it's the power you can produce, so you're no doubt making up for it in that aspect. More importantly it's how much you enjoy it and you must have the bug with that mileage and impressive London 100's under your belt!

There's always room for n+1!

I have only been into this for 15 months and already on bike number 2. :smile:

Enjoy the games! Ospreys double!
It's not the cross wind, it the fact that I am entering the land of the Turks in Llanelli

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
View attachment 75255 View attachment 75256

we'll be there and at the away game in Llanelli next week. I often ride from Llansamlet to Pembrey and struggle to cross the Louchor Bridge. As an ex prop my cycling attempts to get my weight down but I'm still over 20 stone. I've ridden over 5,000 miles over the last couple of years but am still the pin up for the Fat Lad at the Back brand. Completed the London 100 twice raising cash for Cancer charities and love time out on the bike so I deserve a decent new steed
Get a nice titanium frame made from ciello Rosso, new 105 triple group set, hand built wheels from dcr, deda finishing kit, some nice carbon forks and that would be around 1700............ That would then be an awesome stead

Or go into the classifieds and by the sabbath aspire titanium triple I have forsale for 1k with hand built wheels and save yourself 500 bucks :thumbsup:

jowwy

Or buy this

image.jpg

jowwy

Sora though, he wants 105 at least
Giving him options

As I believe carbon, 105 and a triple will be like rocking horse sh*t...........he also has 200 spare. So could get levers and triple 105 crankset for 185.......

Then he has what he wants inside of 1500 :thumbsup:

Osprey

Guru
Are you off to the game on Saturday?

I am more into the other game that shares the same stadium will be warming my season ticket seat ready for the Swans to sprinkle some Christmas magic tomorrow.

I'll be at the match this afternoon. Always great banter with the Turks. Swans did well yesterday.

bpsmith

Veteran
I'll be at the match this afternoon. Always great banter with the Turks. Swans did well yesterday.
I know a few guys who always go and they say it's amazing mixed in with supporters from the opposition. Not the same in football.

Swans did well, yes, but Villa played a lot better in the second half and could easily have equalised. Academic now though, with the points in the bag. :smile:

Enjoy the game today!

Osprey

Guru
Do Canyon do a triple. Couldn't find it on their website.

I take it you are an Ospreys fan with that name and being in Swansea. I've been an Ospreys season ticket holder for 10 years. Never miss a game.

I follow the Ospreys, mainly on box but I do target a few key games to watch live. This afternoon with the Turks will be great.

Let us know which bike you choose. I'm saving up for a titanium bike but that's going to be year off at least.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Hello Phil
I was tempted by a carbon Trek domane 4.3 triple which is in your budget. Cant remember if its 105 or Tiagra but both are good .

Lowest gear on the Triple version is 30/30 and the seatpost decoupler is said to make the bike extremely comfortable.

OP
OP
philinmerthyr

philinmerthyr

Über Member
The spec of the Lapierre Sensium 200 TP is just what I'm looking for. Has anyone ridden one, I've not seen this make before.
image.jpg

Top Bottom