Carerra hybrid tyre psi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bp1000

Finally decided to get a bike and went for the carerra subway.

I'm keen to gradually learn all I need to know like adjusting gears and brakes but for now does anyone know what psi I need in my tyres. Mrs has lost the instruction book already in one of her tidying frenzies.

I read 60psi but Id just like to be sure.

Also wondered if anyone knew what colour the carerra subway 2014 was. Mine came Matt black but the invoice said carerra subway 2013 and the web site now no longer lists the bike I bought just last week - it now shows a white bike.

Thanks

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
The tyre pressures are to be found embossed on the sidewall of your tyres.
(I wouldn't worry whether it is a 2013 or 2014 model, as long as it is the bike that you want.)
Enjoy.

OP
OP
B

bp1000

Thank you it was really obvious then!

I should have checked but had a good ride out this morning. Easily managed a lengthy route. Great bike for me regardless of the year.

I did notice the gears are still opposite from front and rear so nothing much has changed, still seems illogical but I see it matches cogs.

But also on the cogs I wondered if my derailleur needed adjustment, I can't get into 1st gear on the front cogs. Do these derailleurs prevent that if the pedals are spinning too quickly, like when it won't change up if there is no load?

The max should be stated on the tyre wall and its a good guide but through time you'll probably settle on what is good for you. Harder tyres roll better but offer a harsher ride and soft tyres are grippier but roll less well and more comfortable but are more susceptible too p'tures. I found that my old hybrid tyres I pumped to within 5psi of the max and could leave them for months (espescially during) winter and the psi would only fall slightly; eventually if I didn't top them up they would be too 'sticky'; I never had a problem p'ture wise but thats not the case for everybody.

But also on the cogs I wondered if my derailleur needed adjustment, I can't get into 1st gear on the front cogs. Do these derailleurs prevent that if the pedals are spinning too quickly, like when it won't change up if there is no load?
All the derailleur does is pull the chain up to the big ring when you are pedalling, it sounds like yours is not doing it. The limit screws may be stopping it or the cable could be too slack, if the bike is new though get the mechanic to fix it.

OP
OP
B

bp1000

Good news is with a little adjustment on the tension and limit screws I now have a nicely functioning front derailleur.

Bad news is on a ride out today on a tow path I rode over some ground that was split, on the left some gravel and on the right some grass. The two surfaces separated by a slight drop maybe an inch or so and a thin piece of wood preventing the grass side from collapsing down.

Bad news is my front wheel went on the grass and the rear slipped down onto the gravel and dragging briefly along the wooden beam, as if the back end was hanging out to the left.

Ever since I have this occasional sensation from the rear of the bike as if it's either got a puncture or is loose and slipping / wobbling sideways.

No obvious damage or bulging to the tyre and no puncture. Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

Top Bottom