Carerra Subway 1 Crank Arm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
If you look on the back of the crankarm, it should have the length in mm - either 175 or 170mm. then look on ebay.
I'm hoping it's the left hand crank - the one without the sprockets on.
If it's the one with the sprockets, your cheapest option may well be a whole new chainset, which isn't stupidly expensive.
I'm assuming you cross-threaded the new pedal?

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Sometimes chainsets state they are best used with a certain length of bottom bracket. If so on the one you purchase, check your bb length by measuring from the end of one square taper to the other.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Cross threading your husband's crank arm, that's grounds for divorce on here ^_^
Sourcing a replacement in the correct size shouldn't be difficult. @Ajax Bay 's suggestion looks good.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
According to Halfords website its 170mm on the small and medium frame sizes, 175 on L and XL frame sizes.

If you're planning to replace it yourself you'll need a suitable crank extractor to remove the old otem.

Is the thread really knackered? Have you triwd fitting the pedal to the inside of the crank and winding it in all the way to chase the thread out from the opposite side? It costs nowt somit worth a try.

Chislenko

Veteran
Be careful. You risk (not unreasonably) to be accused of mansplaining.
Give the OP credit.
I would follow @Drago 's advice on screwing in from the 'inside'.

The sex of the original poster was not uppermost in my thoughts at the time of posting and until your post did not know the original poster was female.

I feel sure that are many millions of people dotted around the world of both sexes who don't know that cycle pedals both don't screw in clockwise in much the same way I have no idea what mansplaining is.

Really don't feel your attack was warranted.

weareHKR

The sex of the original poster was not uppermost in my thoughts at the time of posting and until your post did not know the original poster was female.

I feel sure that are many millions of people dotted around the world of both sexes who don't know that cycle pedals both don't screw in clockwise in much the same way I have no idea what mansplaining is.

Really don't feel your attack was warranted.
Quite a few Traffic Wardens in here mate, they find it the best way to encourage new members to make a meaningful contribution!
Personally, I just skip past the snowflakes! :rolleyes:

Drago

Legendary Member
Personally, I just skip past the snowflakes! :rolleyes:
That leaves me and Accy. The pair of us must make for riveting reading! :laugh:

On a serious note, it would be nice to hear back if my screw-the-pedal-from-the-other-side trick worked. Never had to do it myself, but have heard of instances where folk have mullered the outer mm or so of thread and this rescued it.

Top Bottom