Carerra Vulcan Men's MTB - Size 22"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanT

http://www.sprocketwaffle.co.uk
Well, the new Trek MTB is on the way so, to avoid divorce, I have to sell my beloved Carerra Vulcan. This is an Extra Large (22" Frame) and was a special order at the time I got it.

I have had it since May 2011 and it was the bike that got me into cycling (so, it's got a lot to answer for). Really, this is probably one of the best bikes I have ever owned and seeing it go really does feel like selling a family pet!!!

The bike has covered about 500 miles now but has bee meticulously cleaned after every ride (my OCD even sees me 'flossing' the rear cassette after every ride in the woods - no, I'm not kidding).

The paint is all in good order except for some light scuffing on the top crossbar (from a lock) and one small patch on the right seat stay, where the paint was rubbed through by a car carrier strap. I spotted this immediately and thoroughly cleaned, etch primed and repainted it. Not having any metallic blue to hand, I used matt black. The patch is, in any case, covered by a rubber sleeve to prevent the same happening again.

As you can see, it comes with Halfords Alloy Bar Ends and has also been microchipped by our local police (big sticker to that effect on the top tube now). I will, of course, supply you with the electronic passport docs etc. As you can see, I have also invested in a sumptuous gel saddle - for all day comfort - which will go with the bike.

Other than that, what can I say - a cracking bike - excellent first bike and a sad loss to my stable.

£150 to a good home - PM me if you are interested.

Attachments

• Carerra Vulcan.jpg
    Carerra Vulcan.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 29

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Ian - you've got your profile set so that no-one can PM you.

I'm possibly interested, if I can get permission from the missus (for some odd reason she seems to think that 3 bikes is enough!)

I'm pretty tall, 6'3" (192cm), so can you let me know whether it will fit me OK.
Also, where are you - would like to see it in the flesh if possible.

Cheers,
Ben

OP
OP
IanT

IanT

http://www.sprocketwaffle.co.uk
Hi Ben,

Sorry for the oversight on the PM settings. Hopefully, this is sorted now.

I have just sent you a PM also.

Best regards,

Ian.

Top Bottom