Cargo Bike Sub Forum ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
How many have one, and why restrict it to two wheels?

Boopop

Guru
I have one, and yes it'd be nice to have a sub-forum for the subject. Bullitts, Tern GSD's, Omnium, Urban Arrow, Babboe...or even the humble Pashley Pronto/Mailstar. I think their time has come :smile:

Recently I used mine to transport three bags of compost up front and two planter's worth of plants on my trailer :smile:

1627148422545.png

1627148450950.png

yep I think there should be - I don't have one - always possible I might in future - any section should include electrics I think.

TwoStews

+1 for this sub-forum suggestion.

I don't have a cargo bike, but I sense an itch that I'll want to scratch. I'd love to learn a lot more before I take the plunge, so a dedicated space on this forum would be great!

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
I agree, we need a sub-forum for Cargo/Utility bikes. There's a limit on what you can stuff into the ubiquitous Carradice bag or panniers and although there are a few cargo bike users here, having a dedicated space for information and advice would surely act to promote their adoption.

I'm looking at introducing a cargo bike into a work scenario where the newly created outdoor nursery are looking to solve their problem of moving their varied kit from the base to sites in a town park. Not a big distance, about 3-5km per day, but kit includes water bottles, play equipment, shelter, toilet tent etc, about 30-50kg, but bulky, and the park is set on a hilly site. The current trolley is unwieldy and heavy and requires a good level of fitness to drag up and down the slopes and across grass. A cargo bike (maybe trike) would be ideal and more efficient. It would also promote the use of sustainable transport.

classic33

Leg End Member
I agree, we need a sub-forum for Cargo/Utility bikes. There's a limit on what you can stuff into the ubiquitous Carradice bag or panniers and although there are a few cargo bike users here, having a dedicated space for information and advice would surely act to promote their adoption.

I'm looking at introducing a cargo bike into a work scenario where the newly created outdoor nursery are looking to solve their problem of moving their varied kit from the base to sites in a town park. Not a big distance, about 3-5km per day, but kit includes water bottles, play equipment, shelter, toilet tent etc, about 30-50kg, but bulky, and the park is set on a hilly site. The current trolley is unwieldy and heavy and requires a good level of fitness to drag up and down the slopes and across grass. A cargo bike (maybe trike) would be ideal and more efficient. It would also promote the use of sustainable transport.
What are the largest pieces currently moved, and would that be likely to increase if you used a dedicated cargo bike?

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I love cargo bikes but no use for one as I have a trailer. They are the future I hope. Outspoken cargo bike company should be a national company. They are an inspiration for the future of delivery transport in my humble opinion.

Sixmile

Veteran
I have one, and yes it'd be nice to have a sub-forum for the subject. Bullitts, Tern GSD's, Omnium, Urban Arrow, Babboe...or even the humble Pashley Pronto/Mailstar. I think their time has come :smile:

Recently I used mine to transport three bags of compost up front and two planter's worth of plants on my trailer :smile:

View attachment 600767

Is that the small carry freedom? That looks like the big B&Q box with wheels and clip on lid. I've the large version and had been box hunting as the folding Auer box was too steep.

Top Bottom