Carla ecargo trailer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Well that looks fabulous in my opinion. Never seen one in the UK though. Makes my trailer look shoebox size!

CXRAndy

Guru
It certainly looks well built. I would question the low torque of 45nm when carrying heavy loads up hills and the expensive jump from 740Whr battery to 1440Whr over a €1000 increase.

Have you considered a cargo bike like these Electric Cargo Bike

Looks great
How does the motor work - the last thing I would want is something under power attached to the rear of my bike that doesn't shut off before I hit a corner!
I presume it has some sort of speed sensor - but how fast does it detect a slowing down in an emergency??

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Looks great
How does the motor work - the last thing I would want is something under power attached to the rear of my bike that doesn't shut off before I hit a corner!
I presume it has some sort of speed sensor - but how fast does it detect a slowing down in an emergency??

I wondered about that, but I suppose it's not so different to having a rear hub motor.

using the LiFePO4

As a general point, LiFePO4 batteries are heavier than than the more popular lithium cells, but are supposed to last longer in terms of numbers of recharges.

LiFePO4 is regarded as 'old technology' for premium ebikes, but would be fine in this application.

Top Bottom