FNRttC Carlisle-Newcastle FNRttC, 29th July, 2022.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I'm now able to give this ride the attention that it needs. Apologies for the delay
I'll be doing a route check on Tuesday 19th and the ride itself is on 29th July.
We'll leave from Carlisle Station and have breakfast at The Cycle Hub in Newcastle. The en route stop will be at the Euro Garage in Hexham.

More info here:- https://www.fnrttc.org.uk/carlisle-to-newcastle-29-july

The ride registration is on there as well.

As ever, if you have any questions, please ask.

Domus

Guru
Registered, just hope the trains are running

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Evening folks.
As I've already reported, I'm planning to do a route check on 19th July. Trans Pennine Express are warning about train cancellations or long delays so I may not be able to travel.
If that's the case, I'll have to cancel the FNRttC because I won't have another opportunity to ride the route before the 29th.
If I do manage to complete Tuesday's ride, then I hope to run the Friday night ride as advertised despite the planned train strike on Saturday 30th.
It doesn't directly affect TPE who I'm booked on to return to Manchester but I think any trains that do run will be absolutely packed and I don't know the status of the operators that you intend using.

Domus

Guru
Thanks Andrew.

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
A further update.
I've just heard that the ECML is going to be closed between York and London Village between 12.00 and 20.00 on Tuesday. My train back to MCR is scheduled to run between those times so I'll have to see tomorrow what options there are.
I'll report back................

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
In case you've not read it on the Friday's FB page, I've decided to cancel the ride.
The possible travel difficulties make it too much of an issue to carry on.
I'll look at running the ride next year.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
A postscript. Put in for refunds from both TOCs after the cancellation. LNER: paid up with no issues. Avanti: took a month to reply & then tell me I couldn't have a refund as it was a non-strike day. I replied, quoting their own T&C's, pointing out advance tickets, usually non-refundable & non-changeable, can be altered or refunded by e-voucher at present. This morning, another email....
"It was with my understanding you wanted a refund, not an e-voucher. As you have stated you want a voucher. I can confirm that I have arranged for an E-Voucher to be processed for your booking 2954658. You should expect to receive the amount of £ 63.00 into your Avanti account within the next 24 hours."
Why didn't he just do that in the first place?
Never mind, that's covered my train back from Oxford...

Top Bottom