Carlton Circuit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just had this rather large 25" Carlton Circuit come in exchange .

Not sure of plans yet , looks fair enough condition wise with some age related battle scars .

Will get it mobile then more than likely move it on .

Sadly all the C nuts have long gone.

IMG_20170617_133119564.jpg
IMG_20170617_133124563.jpg
IMG_20170617_133128020.jpg

ChrisEyles

Guru
Nice! Like the centre-pull calipers there - are they Mafac Racers? Mudguards + rack + DT friction shifters = definitely my kind of bike :smile:

ChrisEyles

Guru
I quite like it actually... although next to some of the other gorgeous paint jobs (I really like the bronzed green one) on old Carltons I can maybe see why.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well that was a very pleasant surprise first ride over the weekend on this after swapping the cheap Chinese copy world tours and swallows stem over and removing the guards and rack .

IMG_20170619_110233691.jpg

It rode very smooth and relaxed and even showed a fair amount of stopping power on steel rims but then it was dry.

fr188

I still have one of those in the same colour, I originally got one new for Xmas 1977 10 speed in the bike shop where I had to pick a bike this one was the one to go for rather than the Raleigh baged bikes in the shop , tho I was a bit disappointed at the time that there wasn't the the man on a bike headtube badge and the decals were changed to the block type lettering, great bike except for the plastic brooks saddle

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Its a gate! These big bike are still rideable for anyone over 5 '10" - 6'. I have a 25" Pro am ride and handles superbly, super quick and responsive.

Nice to see the Circuit in a bigger size.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Its a gate! These big bike are still rideable for anyone over 5 '10" - 6'. I have a 25" Pro am ride and handles superbly, super quick and responsive.

Nice to see the Circuit in a bigger size.

yeah with it set up in as pic its ok it would need a shorter stem to be better but alas its not a keeper , rides really well and would make a nice cheap retro ride

Top Bottom