Carlton Continental c1971/72

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
This was my first ever Carlton, bought for me by my dad back in 1976, second hand for the princely sum of £38. Its been upgraded over the years, but is essentially the same bike at heart. Ive fitted some new Imichrome decals today, which have replaced the very faded and worn originals. The frame is Tru-Wel high tensile steel, 21" and has the usual Crespera lugs. I've updated the gearing over the years and it currently has a 1985 Shimano chainset, 49/52 teeth, running a 6-speed freewheel block at the back with a 36 tooth large sprocket for the hills! I replaced the old Weinmann 730 side pulls some time ago for some better GB Synchrons. Bars and stem are the usual GB types found on many Carlton, Sun and Raleigh bikes in the 1970s.

P3070948_zpsa5hly8za.jpg

P3070945_zpstdldhuw1.jpg

P3070943_zps5y3bfif0.jpg

P3070937_zpsx2gazpgg.jpg

P3070936_zpsf2mcqurx.jpg

P3070935_zpscrmzuwys.jpg

P3070934_zpshy7zxewl.jpg

P3070930_zpsf7gyxvqf.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Spokesmann that is a fantastic looking bike and well done to you for keeping it that way

midlife

Guru
Nice :biggrin: I wish I had kept my first bike, it was a Carlton too. If only I had a pound for all those Pletscher carriers I fitted BITD :smile:

Shaun

OP
OP
Spokesmann

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Nice :biggrin: I wish I had kept my first bike, it was a Carlton too. If only I had a pound for all those Pletscher carriers I fitted BITD :smile:

Shaun
Those were the rack to have in the 70s and 80s. Still gets used and I can hang my panniers off it.

Top Bottom