Carlton Corsa details

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
A few images purloined from my archives of two Corsas dating from 68-72 for the polychroamtic mauve bike and 1975 for the poly green bike.

Both are pretty stock items save for rear mechs and mudgaurding. The older Corsa is 10-speed and uses a very reliable Ofmega mech from 1985.

Frame sizes are 21 and 22.5".

The mauve Corsa is also equipped with a 12v Miller dynamo. Fitted after these shots.

P6270001.jpg

These are know as 'imichrome' decals
P6270008.jpg

The trusty Huret front changer is very reliable.
P6270011.jpg

P6260039.jpg

P6260033.jpg

P6260031.jpg

Crespera lugs 67-76
P6260027.jpg

B5N saddle is very comfy and worn in...
P6260023.jpg

P6260021.jpg

P6260011.jpg

P6260009.jpg

I love the old Bluemels gaurds...
popular.jpg

brakeblocks.jpg

Since these shots I have fitted the green Corsa with new wheels and also a Nuovo Record rear changer.

OP
OP
Spokesmann

Spokesmann

Ive managed to dig out a few more recent images of my two green Corsas. Hope you like them! :smile:

23" version details, showing my faith Miller dyno. Mudgaurds are Bluemels Classique which I bought from new and used to be on my Continental.

P7130493.jpg

P7130491.jpg

P7130485.jpg

A great bike for the flat (ish) parts are Plymouth, the 5-speed transmission uses a 21-tooth rear sprocket, so gearing is a bit high!
P7130486.jpg

The 22" model, this shows the Campagnolo rear mech I fitted. It works reasonably smoothly and looks good. A friend of mine who was the Technical advisor to the Tandem club of Great Britain (or similar!!!) was having a clear out and gave me a load of old mechs, one of them was a Campag Rally - a dreadful long cage touring affair, I tried it out and quickly realised why the things were damed so much. It soon came off!!

P6220195.jpg

P6220188.jpg

The machine has recently had new alloy wheels and QR hubs fitted

Nuovo record rear mech.
P6220187.jpg

Enjoy!

Goldie

Über Member
Just stumbled happily into Corsa ownership myself, courtesy of beer and ebay. Do you know whether anyone does replacement decals?

OP
OP
Spokesmann

Spokesmann

Just stumbled happily into Corsa ownership myself, courtesy of beer and ebay. Do you know whether anyone does replacement decals?

H Llloyd do a fair few, but the Carlton script on these is not one of them (I think!). I produce a lot of decals for steam toy manufacturers so producing some to match these wouldn't be too much of a problem.

tomr666

Hi,

Any chance you know where I could get the decal for this seat clamp bolt? Hlloyd don't do it.
Cheers in advance :smile:
IMG_20190407_113804.jpg

southcoast

Über Member
Couple of very nice bikes you have there. Many of my friends bitd used to own Carlton Corsa bikes, with one chap owning a Cobra. I myself owned a Europa which seemed the same frame as the Corsa, but dressed up in Raleigh racing colours.

Top Bottom