Carlton Corsair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ren531

Über Member
Can anyone help me ,I have just bought a Carlton Corsair frame and going to build it up into something close to what it would have been having most of the parts in the loft , I would like to know the age of it the frame No is wb1006187 I know the w is for Worksop, the b I think is for February ,the 1 is ether 71 or 81 it has suntour GS cast drop outs with a treaded gear hanger on the rear but there are no components to help me date it . I will get some photos of it soon .

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Feb 1981 made in Worksop:okay:

midlife

Guru
Nice one :smile: .Launched at the Harrogate Fair 1978 so deffo 1981. Carlton's Demi Course which means light tourer. A Pro-Am in sheep's clothing :smile: .

Absolute classic from the era.

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
DSC01184.JPG
DSC01184.JPG Thanks for the info guys , further research last night I did find out they where only launched in 1978 , it does look like it will make a nice bike that should stand out among the Sunday sportives , I do like the more mass produced bikes rather than higher end ones because the higher end ones would always be cherished and looked after but the lower end ones tend to end up in a skip and the ones left seem to stand out more , got a photo not a very good one but its all I have .

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
Nice :smile: .the larger frames carried a much bigger price tag as they were made on a different line....

Top Bottom