Carlton Criterium and sun...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Fantastic weather down here today, so took out my RBoTM winner for a few miles, always turns a few heads. Just posed the bike in Plymouth Devonport Park...

P7020161.jpg

P7020163.jpg

P7020164.jpg

P7020162.jpg

We haven't had too much of Worksop's finest on here recently. Enjoy. :biggrin:

eranou

Very nice indeed! Like the two tone forks
smile.gif

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Looking good! It really does look mint.

From the thread title I thought for a second you'd branched out into Sun of Aston...

Sadly my Corsa is currently not suitable for photographing after having a difficult bottom bracket-ectomy, it has the dreaded 26 tpi Raleigh threads so is probably going to have an external cup replacement version.

OP
OP
Spokesmann

Spokesmann

Looking good! It really does look mint.

From the thread title I thought for a second you'd branched out into Sun of Aston...

Sadly my Corsa is currently not suitable for photographing after having a difficult bottom bracket-ectomy, it has the dreaded 26 tpi Raleigh threads so is probably going to have an external cup replacement version.

It did cross my mind!

A Worksop built Sun would be very nice...

Wow! Fantastic looking Carlton in superb condition.

I had a Carlton 'Circuit' made in 1977 and had GT handlebars. Nothing special but was a nice ride. Would like to get old of Criterium as and when one becomes available.

I bought my wife her first racer last month. A Carlton Grand Prix. She loves it to bits. We were lucky as everything is as it should have been when it left Worksop. Must get a photograph and post up a couple of pics. It is so original. Think the only the only thing that has been replaced on it is the bar tape!

OP
OP
Spokesmann

Spokesmann

Wow! Fantastic looking Carlton in superb condition.

I had a Carlton 'Circuit' made in 1977 and had GT handlebars. Nothing special but was a nice ride. Would like to get old of Criterium as and when one becomes available.

I bought my wife her first racer last month. A Carlton Grand Prix. She loves it to bits. We were lucky as everything is as it should have been when it left Worksop. Must get a photograph and post up a couple of pics. It is so original. Think the only the only thing that has been replaced on it is the bar tape!

Thanks. To me these are classic 1970s 'racers'!

Turnpike

Regular
clarion, I've just belatedly seen the pictures of your blue Carlton. Nice looking bike. Rather than a Corsa though, it looks like a 1967-1972 Cobra. Pointers are the plain lugs, no crossbar braze-ons, and no brazed-on brake cable hoop on the rear stays. You should find the frame is chrome plated under the paint.

Top Bottom