Carlton Criterium Restoration P1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Love the old catalogue pictures, I am pretty sure that the red haired guy on the right in the picture is Tony Gowland (I used to live next door to his aunt) former professional rider sponsored by Skol lager! He won the Skol six day event in the 70's with Patrick Sercu. Is the track Herne Hill?

Indeed he is! Hopefully the location/names are legible from below.

08.JPG

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Loving those langoon blue Professionals.

:biggrin: Not a lot to report Mike I went out yesterday morning (Sunday) for a 6 mile ride on the bike came back gave it a quick clean/polish/oil up & back into the garage ready for a good ride out this morning ( I woke up nice & early only to find its p#####g down & has been most of the night up here) :wacko:

Number6

Lovely bikes! According to the 1970 advert below, the Criterium was fist introduced in 1969, and those 'sporty' mudguards are stainless steel and were made by Weinmann no less!

06.JPG
Wow!!!! The Carlton Cobra was my first real bike I guess I must have been 12-13 and it was a Christmas present, It was awesome!

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Always wanted a Cobra myself. Anyway got an all chrome Constellation instead now. You cant beat a bit of chrome! Especially Carlton chrome.

Top Bottom