Carlton project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
IanCarlton

IanCarlton

Regular
Front hub is possibly SUZUE but doesn't quite match. The cranks are likely OFMEGA....................both of which are nice :smile:

7A6D3BE5-B667-4999-BE58-0AF31966B55B.jpe

F67564AD-2AAA-441C-AA05-4DFFCE6F8141.jpe

Shaun
Absolutely right on both counts. Thank you, I've been trying to figure those out for ages. (Mistranscribed the ZUE as UZE).

The spindle turned up so as soon as that was fitted I couldn't resist taking it for a spin up the road. That turned out to be a bit hairy so came back to fit a brake :smile:

OP
OP
IanCarlton

IanCarlton

Regular
I spent some time yesterday truing up the back wheel, having never tackled this before it was quite interesting. I don't have a spoke tool so just used a small adjustable spanner.

Most of the mechanicals are done now, just the transmission needs cleaning up. I took the bike for a longer spin and had to come back when my thigh muscles turned to jelly - my legs are weedier than I thought (spoilt by 35 years of motorcycling).

The paintwork still looks rough but the latest plan is to get the frame shot blasted and repaint in enamel using the Badger airbrush. I did have a go at matching up the original metallic green:

Attachments

• IMG_7503r.jpg
    IMG_7503r.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 36
Top Bottom