carlton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scarygerbil

just bought this mainly because of the chrome lugs and I need a new project. Does anyone know what the model and year this bike is as it would be a great help. I think because of the Olympic badge it could be sixties but not sure.
DSC_0789.JPG DSC_0791.JPG DSC_0792.JPG DSC_0793.JPG DSC_0796.JPG DSC_0794.JPG
the first decision is if I should do an oily rag or full repaint but that depends on what the bike is I suppose

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
A very nice Catalina, 1960s vintage

Edit looked closer at the forks. Says Corsair

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nice. :becool:

I'd go for an 'oily rag' cleanup (well actually a full strip, polish with 'Turtlewax' and 'Solvol' and regrease)
Looks like a pre-Raleigh one to me going by the grease port on the bottom bracket, maybe @Spokesmann would have a better idea but it looks older than my 67 'Clubman'

EDIT, he'd already spotted it. :becool:

midlife

Guru
Thanks Mike, can't see much on this cheapo tablet. Just out of curiosity I wonder if the OP could post a few pics of the lugs.

Shaun

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
More info can be found on the Carlton Group Facebook page, plenty of help available from a Carlton only centre group of fans

Critical

Gutted! I actually made a bid higher than yours but didn't push the button in time! Quite a rare beast you have.....I live where you collected it from, the V on the rear drop out denotes 65-66, same age as me! Was going to purchase it with my brother and may have considered a full resto. Anyway good luck with it and feel free to join our facebook page...Carlton cycles of Worksop (I'm on the admin panel) lots of advice and chat and it would be nice to update us on its progress, we love photos!!
All the best

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Gutted! I actually made a bid higher than yours but didn't push the button in time! Quite a rare beast you have.....I live where you collected it from, the V on the rear drop out denotes 65-66, same age as me! Was going to purchase it with my brother and may have considered a full resto. Anyway good luck with it and feel free to join our facebook page...Carlton cycles of Worksop (I'm on the admin panel) lots of advice and chat and it would be nice to update us on its progress, we love photos!!
All the best
:welcome: Quite a few Carlton fans on here.

midlife

Guru
@Critical

Hi

This is the date list I have from Carlton.me site

A 1939 F 1957-58 L 1963
B 1940-48 G 1959 M 1964
C 1948-52 H 1960 S 1965
D 1953-54 J 1961 T 1966
E 1955-56 K 1962 Y 1967

As you see there is no "V", have you got a link to a better list?

Cheers

Shaun

OP
OP
scarygerbil

scarygerbil

thanks for the help and sorry @Critical though I did have to drive through snow to pick it up if that helps
I will try and give it a good once over at the weekend and post more pics.
one last question does anyone know what the tubing would be as it does feel light though it could just be the ally fittings

Top Bottom