carlton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
scarygerbil

scarygerbil

thanks I do have a parkes with EUUT tubing but that has mainly steel components so would make it heavier

Critical

no problems @scarygerbil, not a list as such but hope this helps a little.....From a colleague:
There isn't a published list that covers 1948 to 1966. You can direct him to the 1965 & 66 catalogues though if that's any use? He has a 'V' on the rear drop out. There are loads of letters that were skipped, when this sequence was in use & we know that it was replaced, in or around 1966, because we have the dating lists, from there on. 'V' is the last letter used in that dating sequence.

OP
OP
scarygerbil

scarygerbil

looking at the catalogues the model is a corsair 66 so called I think after the GB Coureur 66 brakes that are fitted to the bike made in 1967. Still not sure what to do with it as the Corsair decals seem hard to find so could end up doing the oily rag again.

classic33

Leg End Member

Critical

Lloyds will be able to do them or if not Greg at Cyclomondo will be able to help...he's in Oz but bloody good, done a few bits for me off spec from photos.

Critical

Greg made these up for me and a friend, Giro top tube decals, replica Rim decals and a twist on the Raleigh Crank arm decal....

Attachments

• 635973564161213535.jpg
    635973564161213535.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 56
  • WP_20160323_18_24_21_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160323_18_24_21_Pro.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 49

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Some details on the Corsair from 1965...
P9070818_zps44f1c66f.jpg

OP
OP
scarygerbil

scarygerbil

yes my bike has the gb 66 brakes which I think makes it 66 or 67 but the real question is what colour blind salesman thought that red mudguards were colour matching to blue?

OP
OP
scarygerbil

scarygerbil

due to work it is coming along but slowly. Decided to go down the leave original but polished like my last one, which means when I remove a component it is cleaned, remove all rust then bag it

Top Bottom