Carradice SQR

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chorlton

I am considering purchasing a SQR Slim but am unsure whether or not my bike's seatpost will be suitable. I have a Specialized Sirrus Elite 2007 with 27.2mm carbon fiber seatpost. Will this be suitable or would you recommend using an aluminium seatpost? I would be using the bag to transport work clothes and lunch to work each day.

Thanks.

Star_Rover

I think it's generally not recommended to use the SQR with a carbon seatpost. Some may disagree.
Maybe you could try the bagman support with saddlebag of equivalent size to the sqr slim?

Hi

Before you spend on a new seatpost , I would pop the original one out of the frame and look inside the tube. It could be an aluminium post with a carbon fibre wrap.

If it is Im sure it will be fine .

100% carbon may well be ok anyway, they are strong.

skwerl

it's worth asking if the SQR will be suitable at all.

I tried one once and immediately hated it. It sat the weight to high up and ruined the bike's handling. Unfortunately the only way to discover this was to buy the rack and bag then sell on eBay! Someone got a bargain

A regular rack and pannier may be better??

skwerl said:
it's worth asking if the SQR will be suitable at all.

I tried one once and immediately hated it. It sat the weight to high up and ruined the bike's handling.

A regular rack and pannier may be better??
Am surprised to hear that. I sit much higher than the SQR and I don't tend to find myself ruining the bike's handling (my technique alone can do that).

One thing that I do like about it is that most of the weight is directly above the rear wheel so there's not too much moment.

Horses for courses, I suppose.

Top Bottom