Carrelli road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jason Bell

Anyone know anything about this bike and the brand? Cant find much about it.
Thanks
20200918_204913.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Looks decent enough. Nothing anywhere about the name which is strange. Lungless steel frame and unicrown fork. I would say around 2000 but you might find a date on the moulded underneath of the seat. What is the group set and brakes? Very racy geometry. I wonder if it’s a made up name someone has stuck on?

OP
OP
Jason Bell

Jason Bell

Looks decent enough. Nothing anywhere about the name which is strange. Lungless steel frame and unicrown fork. I would say around 2000 but you might find a date on the moulded underneath of the seat. What is the group set and brakes? Very racy geometry. I wonder if it’s a made up name someone has stuck on?
Shimano sora group set and shimano 105 brakes. I'm not sure the sticker looks pretty legit lol couldn't find markings or numbers

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It is a lugged frame, couldn’t see clearly in the first pic. That club shape set into the head tube lug is used by Colnago but also by others. It’s a real mystery, a quality machine evidenced by the frame and brazing, and yet no references to that name anywhere. That doesn’t look like a cheap unicrown fork either.
No tubing sticker too, is it very light? Have a look inside the seat post tubing, is there any rifling?

Last edited:

All uphill

Still rolling along
My googling shows a Gumtree ad for one of these in 2019 in County Down. The ad says "one of only four frames made".

I dont know if that helps at all?

OP
OP
Jason Bell

Jason Bell

It is a lugged frame, couldn’t see clearly in the first pic. That club shape set into the head tube lug is used by Colnago but also by others. It’s a real mystery, a quality machine evidenced by the frame and brazing, and yet no references to that name anywhere. That doesn’t look like a cheap unicrown fork either.
No tubing sticker too, is it very light? Have a look inside the seat post tubing, is there any rifling?
It is very light yes also does not look like there is any rifling in the tubing

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Thought it might be Columbus tubing, some of their high end stuff had rifling so that rules that out. I think you might have come to a dead end unless anyone else knows anything about it. The fact that there is nothing about the name on the net indicates this was not a manufacturer, distributor or name of a brand made for a retailer so I can only assume this was a one off (or four off) specially made. Did the seller have any information about it? You’ll just have to enjoy it in ignorance :smile:.

Top Bottom