Carrera Crixus ll

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hardrock93

Guru
Current price £249, ends Monday.

Swill

I'm tempted by one of these as well, went to check them out the other day and I was surprised by the overall look of quality. I was expecting at least a a few bits to look cheap but nothing really stood out. The rear cogs go to 30 teeth by the way. Apparently the rear derailleur can handle up to a 32 tooth rear cassette should you need to lower the gearing a tad. Has anyone tried fitting mudguards and rack to one of these yet?
I'm after a budget tourer/commuter really, but like the look of crossers - and it looks like the Revolution Cross from EBC is no longer available.

MikeW-71

Veteran
CX's make great commuters and light tourers :thumbsup:

sionhughes

I've got the Crixus. Feels solid for the price. Only been out on it twice since I picked it up two weeks ago, and it's my first time on a bike in 10 years! Just make sure Halfords put it together properly - had to take mine back to get them to tighten things up and adjust gears.

Swill

I took the plunge and got the Crixus ii this weekend. I bought it boxed and made it up myself. No problems overall, setting up the rear cantilever brake was a faff though. I must admit I'm impressed with it. Build quality looks pretty good. It's not a Dawes or a Specialized but certainly serviceable. Obviously there are some things that are a bit on the cheap side. I didn't like the pedals or straps too much so changed them straight off. No barrel adjusters on the brake cables (which is a fairly common oversight on cheaper drop bar bikes. I might change the crankset, just to lower the gearing a tad. Overall, it's not as lightweight as some but really fun to ride, I like it!

Top Bottom