Carrera crossfire e Speedo fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robroyuk

Hey guys and ladies. I’ve just bought a crossfire e second hand so returning is out the question, when on any pas level it seems delayed at helping out compared to my other ebike. But the problem is when cycling my Speedo only hits a max of 2.9-3.1 mph. Even when doing 20mph down a hill. I’ve taken the rear hub apart and the magnet is still in place. All wires seem good. Connections ect. Any help or advice please. I just paid £800 for the bike and it’s annoying that it’s not right. Many thanks.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
The speed you quote is just under the cut off speed for throttles to meet EAPC legeslation. So does it have a throttle and does it operate above 3 mph (real speed)?

OP
OP
R

Robroyuk

The speed you quote is just under the cut off speed for throttles to meet EAPC legeslation. So does it have a throttle and does it operate above 3 mph (real speed)?

The maximum speed here in the uk is 15mph assisted. This is doing a real speed of 21mph assisted plus. No doesn’t have a throttle, just a push button for walk assist which does work.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
My guess then is that it's somehow been modified, hacked or derestricted so that the controller beleives it's not exceeding 3mph and thus keeps providing current to the motor after it's reached the legal cut off speed.

Does it have an LCD display, if so Google the instructions and reset to factory settings.

Top Bottom