Carrera Crossfire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ladycrow

Ladies Carrera Crossfire bought in June 2020. Motor has stopped working. The power assist on the display flashes when selected. No error message.
Any ideas please?

I presume the battery is charged - or at least says it is?

In which case I would suggest the first thing to try is to try it with a different battery
How you do that is a problem
Ideally find someone who has a similar bike and try that
If you can;t do that - which is quite likely - then take it back to Halfords and ask nicely if you can try one from a demo bike

actually - before you do that check the guarantee on the motor and battery - it will probably be longer than you have had the bike - in which case having that information will give you a lever to get them to fix it.

I would suggest not trying anything yourself if it is still under guarantee

gbb

Legendary Member
Coming (probably too) late to this, all the average person can do in these kind of circumstances is check the real basics.
Is the correct mode selected.
Remove / refit the display, in case of bad connection.
Check the plug is secure to the motor (on the crossfire it's on the chainstay, under a protective cover)
Look for damaged wires.
Visually check (assuming its the same as the earlier crossfires) crank sensor and its wires. That's assuming you can even see it.

Anything beyond that, as per previous replies, back to the supplier, any tinkering may invalidate the warranty.

Top Bottom