Carrera Sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herr-B

What accessories would be recommended for leisurely riding?

I bought the Subway 1 around 2004, it's been solid as a rock and never let me down, bar the odd puncture. The accessory I'd most recommend would be mudguards, which I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned yet - it's sunny and dry today but tomorrow it may be vastly different.

OP
OP
Danny91

Danny91

The Pinnacle has sold out from Evans so I am going try either go for the Subway 1 and try and get a better deal on it or what do you guys think of this?:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/scott/sub-40-2011-hybrid-bike-ec025452

400bhp

Guru
Danny - I have a Carrera Subway, the disc brake one. Prior to that I had the old Carrera Subway 1. The Subway 1 is essentially the new Carrera Limited Edition.

When I was looking to purchase I asked here whether I should go for the Subway Limited Edition or the Subway. The £60 difference at the time seemed to be for the disc brakes.

I am very glad I purchased the Subway rather than the Limited Edition. I have not had a bike with disc brakes before and I have to say I am a convert. They appear to require very little adjustment, stop much better than the V-brakes (the Subway v-brakes aren't great in the wet) and most notably the bike stays reasonably clean and is easier to clean.

At the time I looked at similar bikes in that price bracket. The Subway was the better specced bike.

S1mon

Daughter had one to put it blunt it weighs a ton and was crap but she loved it and so did the scum that nicked it!!!

Top Bottom