Carrera tdf mudguard advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matt-g

Hi

Can anyone recommend a set of mudguards for the above?

I'm a recreational cyclist and don't need anything super duper, as such function,strength and longevity are further up my list than weight saving. I'd rather them be sturdy and last longer than some of the lightweight plastic ones I've seen, which I gather, have a tendency to break more easily.

Luckily, my frame has the tags to bolt up to, which I'd prefer over the one which utilise straps or rubber bands stretched around the frame

Also, any recommendations on where I can get a good deal at the moment?

Thanks

Last edited:

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Scroll down the link and see the mudguard question.
http://answers.halfords.com/answers/4028/product/241369/questions.htm

okeydokey79

i have the crud roadracer mk2 fitted to my carrera and apart from being a bit fiddly to fit have had no issues with anything breaking on them. give good coverage all over the wheel and drop all the way down at the back to the bb so stops a lot of muck getting over the chain rings etc, have the sks raceblades long fitted to my other bike which are also very good(as i can remove them when/if we have dry weather_) but very little coverage over the back wheel by the bb. will pay a bit more for the sks but seem a bit more sturdier out of the 2.

OP
OP
Matt-g

Matt-g

Thanks all.....I ended up going with sks bluemels, which I fitted today....bit of a faff and time consuming, but the outcome ilooks really good, well....as good as they can look.I'll be testing them out shortly....hopefully they will do the trick!

Top Bottom