Carrera velour 2020 spokes size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kimi

Hi I have carrera velour 2020 wheel size is 27.5"
I need 3 back spokes and 2 front do u know what size I will need please ?
D9993DE4-FDB1-4B4F-B5D9-F7DF7B7FE033.jpeg
86601F3D-0CAF-4C6C-B0CF-6A06978F847E.jpeg
DC0B794B-E751-4B92-B852-58C13B882177.jpeg

Attachments

• EB679C4C-2142-4DF7-8560-C052DD092BF7.jpeg
    EB679C4C-2142-4DF7-8560-C052DD092BF7.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 3

Big John

Guru
Unless you have a spoke ruler your best bet is as follows:
1. Take a spoke out of the front wheel. Take this to your lbs, hand it over and they'll sort you a replacement for the two that are broken. Might be worth getting one or two extra to cover possible further breakages.
2. The back wheel is different. The drive side spokes are shorter than the non-drive side. Work out how many short/long you need and follow the same procedure as step one i.e. take spoke(s) with you to the shop. You'll have to remove the cassette to remove spokes from the drive side. You'll also need to remove the tyre and rim tape to get the spoke nipples out.

I'll assume you have a spoke key to true the wheel up when you get replacements. You can turn the bike upside down and use the brake blocks as a point of reference when truing the wheel. If in doubt seek guidance from YouTube. Good luck.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Hi I have carrera velour 2020 wheel size is 27.5" I need 3 back spokes and 2 front do u know what size I will need please?
:welcome:
If you have a cassette lockring tool, a chain whip, a spoke key and a screwdriveryou will be able to take the broken ones out and measure them.
If you haven't got these items, I recommend a visit to your local LBS (which will be open), with both wheels, ideally with the tyres off.
Either way, a decent LBS will have spokes in the length you need (and replacement rimtape x 2, probably).
Have all these spokes been damaged somehow?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I suspect, if you have snapped 5 spokes between 2 wheels, you will need the wheels truing and re-tensioning anyway, which is best off done by someone who knows what they are doing with wheel building and isn't too expensive to get done vs cost of getting the tools you'll need to strip the wheels down anyway.

Top Bottom