Carrera Virago - any good

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have just finished my latest Cycle to Work scheme and am considering starting a new one. The last beastie I bought was my Boardman Hybrid Pro for commuting to/from work and it's done/is still doing a great job.

My reason for buying a hybrid in the 1st place was that I wasn't sure if my back would take the more tucked position of a road bike. However I've been experimenting with tri bars/tucked positions and have sufferred no ill effects - so I'm assuming I'll be OK on a road bike.

Would only use it as a fair weather bike and will continue to use my Boardman as an all conditions bike. My C2C work scheme is restricted to purchases through Halfords. On paper the Carrera Virago looks a good bike. Has anyone had any experience of this model?

Any comments greatfully received.

okeydokey79

i have no experience of the bike but looks good at the price just been in halford and down to £899 and reviews look good(some one has mentioned about quality of wheels), my c2w scheme also uses halfords, but they can source most bikes out there if you speak to there advisors, also they use leisure lake bikes, which have some nice bikes on their site.will keep watching this post to see what other people have got say( wait for halfords name be moaned about) i have learnt that i have 3 local halfords and i only use 1 for work because the guys are spot on.

okeydokey79

plus if you join british cycling you can get another 10% off and plus the savings of the c2w scheme it looks better:thumbsup: just convinicing myself even more to get it just need my current bike be paid of so i can get a new 1 ^_^

Top Bottom