Carrera virtuoso finding threads ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
I was sure there were some on here talking about these some time ago, but I cant seem to find them, anyone point me in the right direction please?

I've got one - yellow it is, and lovely too:biggrin:

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14430

col said:
Cheers stoatsngroats, Im also wondering if the er heavier rider wouldnt kill it , Im 19 stone :biggrin:

erm... I WAS 15 st, when I bought my Virtuoso, (now 13.5 St !!), and I never felt that I was overly stressing it...it really is a lovely ride, my 4th year with it....If you havn't already - get a track/floor pump, and put 90psi min in the tyres...I've had only one P%^&*£$% in 3+ yrs!

Have you got one recently, or are you looking to buy soon...?

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
stoatsngroats said:
erm... I WAS 15 st, when I bought my Virtuoso, (now 13.5 St !!), and I never felt that I was overly stressing it...it really is a lovely ride, my 4th year with it....If you havn't already - get a track/floor pump, and put 90psi min in the tyres...I've had only one P%^&*£$% in 3+ yrs!

Have you got one recently, or are you looking to buy soon...?

Im looking to buy soon, possibly tomorrow, but Im having a make my mind up attack. Im wanting the racer handlebars and was drawn to tourers as the extra strength appealed to me with my weight, but I now find I like the road race lighter bikes, but dont want to buy one that my weight might cause problems on. so Im really undecided, and need some advice either way. My local shop is building a virtuoso up for me to try for tomorrow tea time.

col said:
My local shop is building a virtuoso up for me to try for tomorrow tea time.

If they're building one up for you, surely they've got no concerns about your weight..?

Well worth a test ride - let me know what you think of it, and good luck with the choosing!;)

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Sorry to say I cancelled the try out, It is a concern about the bike being a bit too light for my build at the moment, and am starting to think about hybrids because of the extra strength and mountain bike type of durability.

Top Bottom