• pannier

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • courier bag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • combination of other options

• Sainsburys bag swinging from handlebars

• novosport lockable tailfairing (whatever that is)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Carradice longflap camper saddle bag (I'm very old, you see)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi MP,
To start the ball rolling; I carry a pannier with a small scrunch bag folded in the pocket for shopping etc.

mosschops2

I use a rucksack, as a courier bag or panniers wouldn't work well with a child seat! Unless I got front-wheel panniers - which is an option, but I would be slightly concerned about handling..... (despite zero experience in the matter!)

dazzawazza

Even though I own panniers and loads of rucksacks; many a time I've had several Sainsbury bags swinging all over the place during unplanned stops at the supermarket or when I've over-loaded the shopping. The ride home isn't much fun and can be dangerous.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Panniers. Normally just the one middling sized one (Endura, or Altura, can't remember which), in which I carry rainlegs, tools, lights etc. On Mondays and Fridays I carry my laptop into and home from work, so I have my Altura laptop pannier as well. On Tuesdays, when I go riding, I have my other middling pannier with riding hat, chaps and crop. When I have to take the compost caddy to the allotment, I take the riding kit out, and put the caddy in.

I also have a Carradice SuperC which I take when I have a lot to carry - it's very capacious (I have to watch out for the weight, rather than it being full up).

Going on holiday, I have both panniers and a bar bag.

Used a rucksak for ages, then got panniers. Took them off last year and went back to the rucksack. I was amazed how much of a difference it made, not having the extra weight on the back of the bike. I don't mind rucksacks, I do centuries quite happily with them. As an ex postman I have a pathological aversion to anything with a single strap, it's just a recipe for back trouble.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
Panniers. Normally just the one middling sized one (Endura, or Altura, can't remember which), in which I carry rainlegs, tools, lights etc. On Mondays and Fridays I carry my laptop into and home from work, so I have my Altura laptop pannier as well. On Tuesdays, when I go riding, I have my other middling pannier with riding hat, chaps and crop. When I have to take the compost caddy to the allotment, I take the riding kit out, and put the caddy in.

I also have a Carradice SuperC which I take when I have a lot to carry - it's very capacious (I have to watch out for the weight, rather than it being full up).

Going on holiday, I have both panniers and a bar bag.

arch, post that piccy you put on c+ a while ago, you know the one, looks like paddy's market on wheels.

Arch

Married to Night Train
This one?;)

sumaload.jpg

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Btw, neither of the options I use are on the poll, and one is quite a common one!! My fixed wheel has a Carradice longflap camper saddle bag, and the recumbent a novosport lockable tailfairing.

Top Bottom