Casco Warp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scruffmonster

Über Member
Hey,

I feel this is almost a rhetorical question, but are these not seen on the roads simply due to long term ventilation reasons?

warp3comp.jpg

I give two sh1ts about any thoughts on should you or shouldn't you wear a helmet. I'm purely asking if this would boil my head.

I rarely wear a helmet but I do so for organised rides, plus I'm taking myself along to Herne Hill Velodrome this week, at which point I'll don my mushroom like mountain bike helmet. If I like it, I'll buy something a bit nicer because I do like pretty things.

It looks similar to the new road going Giro efforts, but it's loads better looking, cheaper, has been extensively crash tested, and, well I like it.

I don't give two poops how anyone would choose to feel about me if I dared to wear this on the road, but if anyone actually has one, or one like it, can you maybe let me know how you feel about it?

Cheers

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
It is a track (predominantly sprinters) helmet, that's why you don't see them on the roads.

Yes it will boil your head.

The new Giro offering (Air Attack) has ventilation. It's a half way house between a road helmet and a time trial helmet. It will be hot inside of it but not as bad as a full TT helmet and certainly not as bad as a Casco Warp.

OP
OP
Scruffmonster

Scruffmonster

Über Member
Cheers, I knew it was a track lid, just didn't know with regards to ventilation. Which is a shame as it looks so much better than any road lid, though would probably look worse without a visor.

The air attack just looks all kinds of awful though, especially without the visor on. I loved it until I saw it on someones head. It kind of perches on the head, rather than covers it, like the Casco does.

Ho hum.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The Giro helmet is more like a general road helmet than the Casco and TT helmets in that it doesnt come down over/around your ears. It is basically a road helmet with a load of the vents blocked off, in the crudest sense.

You could look at Lazer helmets if you want a cheaper alternative as a road/aero helmet. They make a snap on aero cover for their helmets that covers all but a few vents. It's mostly to keep rain out but also serves as a minor aero benefit.

OP
OP
Scruffmonster

Scruffmonster

Über Member
The Giro helmet is more like a general road helmet than the Casco and TT helmets in that it doesnt come down over/around your ears. It is basically a road helmet with a load of the vents blocked off, in the crudest sense.

You could look at Lazer helmets if you want a cheaper alternative as a road/aero helmet. They make a snap on aero cover for their helmets that covers all but a few vents. It's mostly to keep rain out but also serves as a minor aero benefit.

Much appreciated

Rogue

Just a passing browser looking for a Casco for a friend for road use, and maybe another for my collection, and had to sign up to bust the myth - no, it will NOT boil your head; I use one exclusively for road, summer and winter, as I hate normal helmets and the way they 'perch', I don't like the look of vents and wanted a visor plus something that looked a little more...stylish. Got a Casco Warp similar to above well reduced, would never go back. Has vents at the front, and I never feel overheated, plus it keeps head and most of face dry in rain. In the sun, even without sunglasses, the reflective visor cuts the glare remarkably well. My only criticism is that wind comes through top of visor where there is no seal, easily remedied if I could be bothered. I personally don't give a monkey's what something is supposed to be used for; the helmet looks and feels infinitely more robust than any normal cycle helmet I've handled. So there you go, that's from a road test of about a couple of years....

Top Bottom