cashback!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

I just opened my mailbox and found a cheque for £218! :ohmy::biggrin::biggrin:
it was from the conveyancing lawyers that were involved with my recent remortgaging of my flat, apparently the new mortgage was slightly more than the settlement of my old one.
why, god knows - but this is a huge bonus to me!
Any ideas for what to spend it on? neither of my bikes particularly need any upgrades. :blush::biggrin:

bonj said:
I just opened my mailbox and found a cheque for £218! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
it was from the conveyancing lawyers that were involved with my recent remortgaging of my flat, apparently the new mortgage was slightly more than the settlement of my old one.
why, god knows - but this is a huge bonus to me!
Any ideas for what to spend it on? neither of my bikes particularly need any upgrades. :ohmy::eek:

Mine do! :blush:

Big Bren

Melvil said:
Thought this was a quote from Alan Partridge!

Me too! I was about to reply with "Jurassic Park!"

Anyhoo - congratulations Bonj. Use some of it to buy the book - 'How to win friends and influence people.'

Bren

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
bonj said:
I just opened my mailbox and found a cheque for £218! :eek::biggrin::biggrin:
it was from the conveyancing lawyers that were involved with my recent remortgaging of my flat, apparently the new mortgage was slightly more than the settlement of my old one.why, god knows - but this is a huge bonus to me!
Any ideas for what to spend it on? neither of my bikes particularly need any upgrades. :blush::ohmy:

:ohmy: Did you mean less ? :biggrin:

Spend it on either bike bits, good food or some realy nice beer/wine or all of the above :ohmy:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

twentysix by twentyfive said:
:blush: Did you mean less ? :ohmy:

er... no, more. I've borrowed more on my new mortgage than was needed to pay off my old one, so they've sent me the balance.

anyhow it looks like it's been swallowed up because squash club membership fees need renewing and I might also treat myself to a visit to a physio (who my mum recommended so highly that since then two other members of my family have been to him) to see about my slightly dodgy knee.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
carbon bars, stem and seatpost.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

I think I'd have put it straight back into the mortgage.

No, that's pointless. I've not missed any payments so am not behind with it, that's good enough for me. Why put it back in when I have the option of it making a difference? I'd never notice it if I put it back in.
Besides, I'm sure you get charged fees for overpayment on most mortgages anyway.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Yes but i'd be better off paying off my credit card first, but I can't really afford to. Although to be fair I have done quite well out of credit card debts and overdrafts generally.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Aperitif said:
...put it towards the publication of your book. "The Thoughts of bonj" perhaps - unless anyone can think of a more apt title for such a tome... :blush:

If I'm publishing a book, shouldn't they be paying me, rather than the other way round?

Top Bottom