Casper tests postive from the TdF

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Have to say I am surprised at Casper if he has had an AUT for so long you would have thought he would know to check it and not blunder blindly on with the wrong exception.

Concerning that tests are still coming back from the Lab was giving the all clear in my head given that its a fortnight since the race finished.

yenrod

I used to suffer from Asthma but grew out of it!

Yes Keith its the biggest joke in the drugging peleton going. Cipo was onereportedly as was Alessandro Petacchi supposedly too...wonders never cease.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Keith Oates said:
It amazes me how many professional cyclists suffer from Asthma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's an awful lot more common than it used to be (up to 1 in 4 in schools these days), so you'd expect a fair number of cyclists to be asthmatic.

In the case of Caspar, he says he was switching from one type of medication to another, and the AUT change wasn't synchronised with the change in what he was actually taking. If so, he'll probably be let off with a slapped wrist.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Keith Oates said:
It amazes me how many professional cyclists suffer from Asthma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apparantly there is a known condition, the name of which escapes me, where asthma can be induced by extremes of physical effort, which is why so many cyclists suffer from it.

OP
OP
Y

yello

Yes, it could be just a mess up on his or his doctor's part, probably is... but I thought there was a tough line being taken these days.

What surprises me is that if Casper had the condition, and previous drug, registered WHY were his name and results released when there was every chance that a call to him or his doc could have clarified the situation. I reckon that, in the current climate, every effort is being made to show testing is there and working. Is Casper to go to the slaughter for it too?

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Smokin Joe said:
Apparantly there is a known condition, the name of which escapes me, where asthma can be induced by extremes of physical effort, which is why so many cyclists suffer from it.

Exercise induced asthma. Strenuous efforts make your lungs constrict making it very hard to breathe. Happens to me, quick puff on a ventolin inhaler opens the airways and keeps me breathing normally.

Its also very easy to get diagnosed with asthma, so you can then take the medication. What does asthma medication do? opens the airways. Sot it would be of real benefit to anyone cycling.
So if you were a sprinter and wanted to make sure your airways were able to absorb as much oxygen as possible take asthma meds. Just make sure you get diagnosed first.

Top Bottom