Cassette Install Tacx Flux S

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

plastic_cyclist

Good day all I’m just looking for some guidance on this as I’m unsure as to what the finished article is supposed to look like !

The instructions are extremely vague….

“Mount the cassette according to the instructions provided in the manual of the cassette”

(As much help as a chocolate fire guard!!)

I have mounted the cassette I purchased from Halfords….but the two small cogs don’t fit and it has left it rather loose??

DD925DCE-CC26-4AD9-91D5-99DC9D03962F.jpeg

SydZ

Über Member
Can you post details of the cassette you have purchased and what, if any spacer you have fitted on the hub before the cassette.

SydZ

Über Member
Apologies if it’s already obvious to you. You will notice that 8 out of the 9 gaps from the ridges on the cassette body are the same size and the 9th is a bit narrower. Check where the narrow ridge is on the body and align the two. It can be harder to see on the smaller cogs and sometimes take feel to check it is correctly aligned.

For 9 speed yo will also need the spacer suppli with the turbo unit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
plastic_cyclist

plastic_cyclist

Yes, I have seen that the cogs (and hub) have a smaller cut out for alignment, so it might just be my inept ability here, but I think I have been trying to put the last two cogs on the wrong way round!

So, both of them small cogs SHOULD fit the hub if they came with the same cassette which is already on!?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
The one with the knurling marks will sit inside the bigger one, the knurling is where the lockring tightens against

Nebulous

Guru
I remove the cassette on its plastic holder and reinsert it backwards so I can then easily slide it onto the cassette body in the correct order.

I'm not good at visualising things, so try different ways to save mixing stuff up. Photos of something before it is disassembled are good.

For used cassettes I run a string through them and tie it in a knot, so I have all the bits in the right order and the right way round.

Top Bottom