Cassette removal issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's also advisable to put the quick release (or maybe preferably an old/spare one) back through the wheel to hold the shimano removal tool in place (since you say you attach a spanner to the tool I assume you are using the sjmple socket-like tool (not the one with a "spanner" handle attached and a central pin) or there's a fair chance it might slip.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
It's also advisable to put the quick release (or maybe preferably an old/spare one) back through the wheel to hold the shimano removal tool in place (since you say you attach a spanner to the tool I assume you are using the sjmple socket-like tool (not the one with a "spanner" handle attached and a central pin) or there's a fair chance it might slip.

Yup, it was just the socket. It's off now though.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Right, you can't use that singlespeed freewheel from your old wheels. Totally different hub.

You need to use what I said above. Does the cassette have a sprocket that's in the gear range you need ? 15T-17T ?

You can just use a stack of spacers, 1 shimano freehub sprocket, more spacers, then the lockring. You would need a standard chain, rather than a 1/8th chain though.

If you don't think you have a decent sprocket, let me know and I'll have a look in the parts bin and send you some spacers. I haven't counted the spacers you need either side as you can use this to adjust the chain line.

Ey up, if your kind offer of some spacers is open I'd love to accept.

I finally had a chance to look at the sprockets and there is a solid looking 16t that looks like it'll do the job nicely.

uploadfromtaptalk1355576226702.jpg

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Mission accomplished, thanks all!

uploadfromtaptalk1356712772046.jpg

Top Bottom