Cassette Wear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris-suffolk

Does it come with a free bike?

I wish!

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
There are times I’m glad I’m still on 9 speed . :laugh:

I'm even more glad I refuse to "upgrade" from 6/7 speed. I can get away with mixing & matching part worn freewheels and chains from scrappers out of skips and my stuff just keeps going and going. Same goes with chainrings. I can't remember the last time I had to actually purchase a new transmission part.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I'm even more glad I refuse to "upgrade" from 6/7 speed. I can get away with mixing & matching part worn freewheels and chains from scrappers out of skips and my stuff just keeps going and going. Same goes with chainrings. I can't remember the last time I had to actually purchase a new transmission part.

Well done you.

How does your wireless sound these days?

Hope that cordless drill is still giving good service?

1651442625702.png

sheddy

Legendary Member
Where does one buy a Shimano 7 speed chain mail order ? (not Amazon)

Presumably chain comes complete with the snap off pin ?

I’ve always done this by LBS but now nowt locally.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I bought it on Amazon - from Amazon itself. Packaging looked genuine.

Oof, Amazon is full of dodgy kit.

Reactions: C R

vickster

Legendary Member

Alex321

Veteran
You're lucky at £38.99. To replace my cassette is the wrong side of £100.

Good grief!

And I saw later in the thread you say it is 9 speed. What brand & range is it? that seems ridiculous. My 11 speed 105 cassette (11-32) would be between £50 & £60 depending on where I go for it.

chris-suffolk

Good grief!

And I saw later in the thread you say it is 9 speed. What brand & range is it? that seems ridiculous. My 11 speed 105 cassette (11-32) would be between £50 & £60 depending on where I go for it.

I didn't pay £100 for it (less than half that, and it was new), and when it needs replacing I'll go with something cheaper, but the RRP is about £100 - it's a SRAM PG-990 11-34

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Where does one buy a Shimano 7 speed chain mail order ? (not Amazon)

Presumably chain comes complete with the snap off pin ?

I’ve always done this by LBS but now nowt locally.

I never use Shimano chains . I agree with vickster , a sram 830 chain with quick link will work fine on shimano 7 speed . I‘m using one at the moment and it runs smoothly and indexes perfectly.

chris-suffolk

Currently using SRAM 991 chain, because I got it cheap. Previous one lasted a lot longer than my normal KMC chains, which in turn last longer than Shimano

Top Bottom