Cat Behavioural Experts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
The only thing I know about cats is that our neighbours kitty is more friendly towards me than ours is :wacko:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, Luna brought in a bird last night - unfortunately it was 'dead' but recently. Can only think if got in the run and she got it, as it was still floppy. Poor thing.

We also let Leo 'out' for half an hour (the raggies won't be going out). He promptly went catawauling at a neighbours cat. Big bushy tail time (it's usually thin), rolling in the road etc etc (we live in a cul de sac). He also went scent spreading. Hopefully the occasional 'letting out' will settle him down a bit, being able to boss the ones outside our house.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

PS we should keep him (Leo) in, as he has cat flu (calcivirus)- no symptoms since he has all his teeth out a year ago, but he is a carrier - ours are vaccinated, so not worth spreading it.

Well, Luna brought in a bird last night - unfortunately it was 'dead' but recently. Can only think if got in the run ans she got it as it was still floppy. Poor thing.

We also let Leo 'out' for half an hour (the raggies won't be going out). He promptly went catawauling at a neighbours cat. Big bushy tail time (it's usually thin), rolling in the road etc etc (we live in a cul de sac). He also went scent spreading. Hopefully the occasional 'letting out' will settle him down a bit, being able to boss the ones outside our house.

You'd be surprised how much stuff does get into cat runs... I don't have a run, but I have a lot of friends and acquaintances who do.

Yep. Nice to see I got it bang on i.e. the neighbour's cat getting on Leo's wick.

Speaking of, I haven't seen Mr Gingernutless for a couple of weeks. It seems that having been trapped and neutered has curbed his attempts to trying it on with the girls. Mind, the last time I did see him (which was just a couple of days after he'd been "done"), Poppy and Lexi gave him the right old what for... It can take up to six weeks for the testosterone levels to drop post-castration.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

The jury is out on that one to be fair. Ask 10 vets and you'll get 10 different opinions.

Our vet said, possibly.. We built the run after losing Mtoto for Leo and the raggies. The vet didn't have much of an opinion really, but seeing as though Leo has had no 'symptoms' since his surgeries (blistered gums/ bleeding teeth) he has been in tip top condition and no 'illness'. We were worried at first that he could have much worse conditions as he was a rescue but hadn't been checked properly by the local charity (my wife just fell for him after losing Mtoto).

Our vet said, possibly.. We built the run after losing Mtoto for Leo and the raggies. The vet didn't have much of an opinion really, but seeing as though Leo has had no 'symptoms' since his surgeries (blistered gums/ bleeding teeth) he has been in tip top condition and no 'illness'. We were worried at first that he could have much worse conditions as he was a rescue but hadn't been checked properly by the local charity (my wife just fell for him after losing Mtoto).

Calici is endemic in the local cat population here - our branch of CP sees a lot. It tends to manifest itself as gingivitis.

You were right @Reynard - fluffy cat from next door was wailing on top of the fence with our's inside, so my wife thought it best to let him out for a bit.

I can quite picture that :laugh:

A previous cat of mine, Toby, used to agree to disagree with my neighbour's Siamese cross. It was a regular occurrence to see these two old men standing nose to nose, fluffed up and hurling obscenities at one another. It never came to blows, though...

lazybloke

Considering a new username
If I leave a plastic bag in the bedroom, our small cat will find it and rustle. She knows I can't stand the noise and will leap out of bed- at which point both cats think it's breakfast time. Yeah, I know, don't leave carrier bags around.

If she can't find a bag, she'll nip my ear whilst i'm asleep, of chase the other cat across my chest. Hell of a way to be woken.

I can't lock them out; they throw themselves against the door, howling.

I love my cats :-)

I have one who will paw at me to wake me up. And if that doesn't get my attention, she bites my nose. Ow.

My other one will biff me if she thinks I've stepped out of line.

Love them both to the moon and back though. :wub:

Top Bottom