Cat Deterrent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Luna and Simba just now in rhe run. We are in the garden. These are the twins.

20220820_183937.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
And the fact the cats were expensive - who pays money for a cat ? You get one and pop a good donation to Cat's Protection. Thing is, if you've got house cats, they need outdoor or other stimulation. Given a choice, the two lads would be outside all the time - i.e. not in the cat run. We're lucky we have a porch, Leo waits till you are carrying stuff, then dives past you.

when we got ours from local animal shelter is was £100 and that was 6 years ago , it did include the vaccinations and chipping ,This is a standard short hair moggie .In the past we had a persian that was a nightmare to keep clean as it liked to go outside a bit so it was a case of a lot of brushing and clipping at the vets

Petrichorwheels

Far more likely to be a sparrowhawk than a cat.
Never seen any hawks around where I am at all.
the odd parakeet.
maybe you could finger them.
not sure why you seem to think that it was unlikely that it was a cat.
They have form.
not only do I have my cat intuition to go on from my death stare, but the owner of the cat pretty much admitted that it was their cat - i stress that they didn't say this in a glorying way though - she knows the score with cats. The cat often delivers dead birds to her apparently. It's off in devon at the moment I think - probably gutting something at the moment.

Petrichorwheels

From the RSPB, who do know rather a lot about British wild birds (more on this page)

so they say cats DO kill a lot.
Love the argument that many would have died anyway in time from something.
Must try that as a defence next time the pills wear off and I go on a pleasure killing spree.

Mr attenborough on the issue.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...borough has warned,programme Tweet Of The Day.

The bell suggestion is interesting - when I chatted about this to the owner of the almost certainly guilty cat she suggested this. Maybe she had heard it from Sir David.

Petrichorwheels

I know someone who gets very vocal and upset about the 'poor little birdies' which were bred to be shot, yet who very much enjoys a roast chicken dinner ... and the chicken had better be the cheapest intensively-raised sort ... :wacko:

specious argument I am afraid.
Not under the impression that those cats eat the birds - just do it for sport as far as I am aware.

Top Bottom