Cat Eye Computers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mick1836

Über Member
I own a MTB fitted with a 'simple' Cat Eye CC- VT200W computer but in February this year I also purchased a new road bike along with a Cat Eye Strada Smart CC-RD500B which as well as speed gives cadence and heart rate.

The store I purchased the bike from fitted /installed all the accessories I'd ordered including the Cat Eye.

Now I am experiencing a problem with the new Cat Eye that I had with the 'simpler' one that turned out to be the computer head requiring a new battery however I have one question that doesn't appear to be covered in the fitting instructions?
When you either first set up the device or change the batteries does the computer have to be in close proximity to the sensors to pair with them?

Cheers :cheers:

david k

Hi
I own a MTB fitted with a 'simple' Cat Eye CC- VT200W computer but in February this year I also purchased a new road bike along with a Cat Eye Strada Smart CC-RD500B which as well as speed gives cadence and heart rate.

The store I purchased the bike from fitted /installed all the accessories I'd ordered including the Cat Eye.

Now I am experiencing a problem with the new Cat Eye that I had with the 'simpler' one that turned out to be the computer head requiring a new battery however I have one question that doesn't appear to be covered in the fitting instructions?
When you either first set up the device or change the batteries does the computer have to be in close proximity to the sensors to pair with them?

Cheers :cheers:
I don't use these but I suspect they need to be in range at least, have you tried a new battery?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I don't believe they do. The sensors and the computer should pair once they're mounted, in range, and powered up. It was the case with the two models of Cateye that I've set up and there was no mention of distance in the manual when referring to set up.

Top Bottom