Cat Eye Wired Computer - Where to put sensor?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psyclist

Über Member
I have a Velo 5, on the manual it tells you to put the sensor on the side of the fork, but, my fork is steel and the magnet clings to it (yes I know it won't on the spokes)Just wondering if it'll affect the sensing if on the side of the fork? Or should I put the sensor on the front part (pictured example)for better sensing?

TIA.

Alex.

p4pb9356675.jpg

snorri

Legendary Member
The important thing is to get the distance between sensor and magnet within the limits specified in the fitting instructions.
The majority of bike forks are still steel, it will not affect the working of your computer in any way if the sensor is on the front or side of your fork, just get the distance beteen sensor and magnet right.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
The important thing is to get the distance between sensor and magnet within the limits specified in the fitting instructions.
The majority of bike forks are still steel, it will not affect the working of your computer in any way if the sensor is on the front or side of your fork, just get the distance beteen sensor and magnet right.

Thanks for the swift reply :thumbsup: If that's the case I'll put it on the side.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Run the cable down the back inside of the fork for a neat finish, then up the brake cable. I would mount to the rear side, possibly neat the hub. All depends upon where the magnet fits.

Oh and make the job neat, nothing worse than a messy job on a nice bike.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Run the cable down the back inside of the fork for a neat finish, then up the brake cable. I would mount to the rear side, possibly neat the hub. All depends upon where the magnet fits.

Oh and make the job neat, nothing worse than a messy job on a nice bike.

Thanks, I mounted it to the front in the end. It wasn't detecting on the side. I only have white zip ties too, so no choice there!

p4pb9360057.jpg

Top Bottom